Calvary in Oščadnica

kalvaria Building of Calvary was started in 1946 and was completed a year later. It was built by worshippers from Oščadnica in gratitude that during WWII, during a one month period in 1945 when fighting took place near to Veľká Rača no-one from the village fell in battle and the village survived unscathed. The project for calvary and the chapel was done by the architect Anton Medrický and the actual realisation of the work was overseen by the building craftsman Rudolf Štens.

kalvariaThe church as well as the individual stations of the cross are all from stone. Reliefs on the stations of the cross up to the calvary mound were made by the Temple workgroup in Pelhřimova. The designer of the statues on the 14 stations of the cross is a local from Oščadnica, folk craftsman and wood carver, Jozef Pazdera. He also created the wooden altar in the church at the top of calvary (built and consecrated in 1948), as well as the sculptures in the Garden of Gethsemany and the place of flagellation which can be found at the bottom of the mound. Part of the calvary is also The Holy Sepulchre. The stations of the cross as well as the church itself have been restored several times. An annual event here in August is the Kysucká pilgrimage to Nanebovzatej Panne Márii.

 

kalvaria

Prevádzky

Bobsleigh track - Alpincoaster
Bungee trampoline
Kids' rope park
Cllimbing wall   
Trampolines

Mountain scooters 


Downhill bike ride
Karolšus - ride on rope  
Archery
Aquazorbing
Cableway Dedovka
View all

 

Free accommodation
Accommodation type
Arrival:
Day Month Year
Nights Rooms Children?
Persons Children (age)
Advanced search
© SITOUR, spol. s r. o.


© 2017 . Snowparadise a.s.,  - Všetky práva vyhradené.

Mercedes Žilina

Stránky generuje redakčný systém WebJET spoločnosti InterWay, s.r.o. Stránky generuje redakčný systém WebJET spoločnosti InterWay, s.r.o.

Dnes je Nedeľa 20.08.2017. Meniny má Anabela, zajtra Jana.
SOS - Rescue Service: +421- 41- 4382 120
Sunparadise